Residential customers can receive the Idaho Power incentive for having a qualified ducted open loop water source heat pump installed in a qualified home. The incentive is available for homeowners and property owners. The incentive is available to residential customers throughout Idaho Power’s service area. The participating contractor will install the equipment and process all incentive forms. Homes receiving this incentive may not receive incentives for the same equipment under another Idaho Power incentive program. One incentive per home is available. No minimum length of residency. Home can be a primary residence, vacation home, or rental. Home must be single family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex, or fourplex.
- Heat pump is minimum 3.5 COP as determined by the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Standard 210/240.
- Listed on AHRI’s Directory of Certified Product Performance found at ahridirectory.org.
- Heat pump is 6 tons or less.
- Heat pump is sized using an ACCA Manual J or similar calculator. Selected heat pump has capacity within ½ ton of the calculated dominant load (heating or cooling).
- Confirm system airflow is at least 350 CFM/Ton as measured with TrueFlow® Meter.
- Visually inspect ductwork.
- Confirm measured loop and air-side temperature splits are within manufacturer targets.
Submit the Following to Idaho Power:
- Incentive Application
- Open Loop Water Source Heat Pump Worksheet
- AHRI Certificate of Product Ratings
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculation
- Copy of proof of payment and a copy of itemized receipt/invoice.