I-84 at McDermott, Meridian
- Nearly 300 acres broken into 12 parcels with six owners.
- Zoned Rural-to-Urban Transition and designated as Industrial on the future land use map adopted in December 2019. It has the ability to be annexed into the city and is an ideal location for manufacturing, including companies that complement the area’s existing technology and medical core.
- Located along I-84, which connects Portland, Boise and Salt Lake City and has exposure to more than 100,000 vehicles each day. The planned extension of State Highway 16 from the north will culminate in a new I-84 interchange less than a mile to the west.
- Nearby rail access and 13 miles from the Boise Airport.
- Idaho Power doubled the capacity at the nearby Black Cat substation by adding a second transformer in 2016. A third 138 kV transmission source was completed in summer 2020.
- There are two distribution circuits from Black Cat in the area, one has 2.3 MW available and the other 3.2 MW available. A new substation, Can-Ada, was added in 2018. With distribution upgrades at Can-Ada, additional load can be accommodated.
- Load switching between Black Cat and Can-Ada substations is possible to accommodate added load.
Idaho Power’s electrical system is constantly changing, therefore solutions and cost estimates are subject to change. Contact us to further refine electrical service needs at this location.
- Sewer (30″ trunk line)
- Water (12″ line)
- Fiber optics
- Natural gas
- Idaho Power, which provides clean energy at prices among the lowest in the nation.
- Incentives may be available through the City of Meridian and the Idaho Department of Commerce. City incentive programs are flexible, tailored to prospect needs, and may include partial reimbursement for public infrastructure expenditures and waived or reduced development fees.
- Idaho Power provides incentives for designing and constructing your facility with energy efficient technologies, systems and strategies.